American Insure-All® would like to remind everyone about home owner’s insurance in Edmonds for the holidays. December, the time when the shortest days and longest nights occur in the northern hemisphere, is a festive time for people of many different religions and faiths. However, it is also the winter season – and can be a season of high crime rates. Not only are some disadvantaged people driven to desperation, but smart thieves also know that people tend to go visiting for the holidays, especially between Christmas and New Year’s Day – leaving many expensive gifts at home.
Here are some tips for keeping your Christmas cheery and bright:
- Do not advertise your travel plans on social media.
- Put your house lights on a timer so that they go off and on in a logical pattern.
- Make arrangements with a stay-at-home neighbor to keep an eye on your home – perhaps including pet or plant care.
- Install burglar alarms and cameras that feed data to your police force or to a security company
- Connect with your house using a secure house smart system
- Check with your insurance agent to see if you have coverage for those expensive new toys that Santa brings.
Finally, if you are a person who is fortunate enough to have a little extra at Christmas time, make your donations through established charitable institutions. If you don’t have extra cash to give, make a gift of your time. Many organizations need volunteers during the holidays and throughout the year.
Here at American Insure-All®, we want to remind you about home owner’s insurance in Edmonds, call us at 888-411-AUTO for answers to your holiday insurance questions, or for any insurance questions throughout the year. May your holiday season be a wondrous one.