Types of Automobile Insurance in Stanwood

Types of Automobile Insurance in StanwoodYou already know that you must have automobile insurance in Stanwood when you buy a car, but there are so many various kinds. Here is a straightforward guide to vehicle insurance terminology to help you get started:

  • Comprehensive insurance can help you when involved in a crash with another car, have vandalism, weather events, etc.
  • Liability coverage is required in most states. It takes care of property damage and injury for which you are responsible.
  • Collision insurance can cover damage incurred from an accident with another auto and can repair or replace a covered vehicle.
  • Uninsured and underinsured motorist insurance protects you from uninsured drivers or those who may not have sufficient insurance coverage.
  • Gap insurance covers the “gap” between what an auto is actually worth and the amount you owe after auto theft or a totaled vehicle.
  • Medical coverage aids in paying medical expenses, no matter who is at fault, in a covered accident.
  • Personal injury protection insurance can take care of medical expenses and lost income from a covered accident. Amounts vary.
  • Towing and labor insurance are typically included in comprehensive insurance but can be purchased separately. This coverage may provide reimbursement for towing and/or labor for vehicle repair.
  • Rental insurance can cover the costs of a rental vehicle if your car is not drivable after an accident.
  • Classic car insurance is specialized coverage for vintage and classic vehicles.

For information about the type of automobile insurance in Stanwood that will work best for your particular requirements, speak with an experienced insurance broker at American Insure-All®. Call us at (888) 411-AUTO to set up an appointment to outline your auto insurance budget and fulfill state insurance obligations.