Do You Need Commercial Vehicle Insurance in Arlington/Smokey Point?


If you are self-employed, you may think that your personal auto insurance policy will cover the vehicle that you use in your business. While this is sometimes the case, it more often does not apply. Look at these questions carefully to determine whether you would benefit from commercial vehicle insurance in Arlington/Smokey Point. “Yes” answers may indicate that you should talk with your car insurance provider.

  1. Is your vehicle used to pickup or deliver goods or supplies?
  2. Are you operating as a taxi, limo or other transportation service?
  3. Do you lease or rent your vehicles to others?
  4. Is your vehicle titled or registered to a corporation, business, partnership or DBA?
  5. Are there any employees or non-listed drivers who use your vehicle regularly or occasionally?
  6. Is there equipment like ladder racks or permanent toolboxes that are installed on your vehicles?
  7. Does your vehicle come equipped with specialized equipment for cooking/catering, snowplowing, bathrooms, hydraulic lifts or an altered suspension?
  8. Does the vehicle weigh more than 10k pounds or have a load capacity of more than 1 ton?

Commercial and personal auto coverage differ in many ways, but the major variance lies in how much coverage you have and why you have the coverage. A business has more liability and risk involved and your insurance coverage should reflect that to protect you in the event of a crash or other emergency situation.

As a self-employed individual or the owner of a small business, speak with a representative from American Insure-All® to determine if you should purchase commercial vehicle insurance in Arlington/Smokey Point or if your personal coverage is adequate for your needs. Call us today at (888) 411-AUTO for more information. Trust the experts in insurance.